Local tech news hub Technical.ly Baltimore is hosting a jobs fair on Thursday, February 20th at the Emerging Technology Center on 101 N. Haven St. in Highlandtown. With over 16 technology-related firms attending (and planning on hiring people now), this event is a must-attend for anyone looking for a job in web design and development, information systems, cybersecurity, game design and development, technology consulting, programming, mobile app development, marketing/advertising, or e-commerce. A number of Baltimore-based non-profit technology community groups will be in attendance, too including Accelerate Baltimore, Betamore, Digital Harbor Foundation, and Girl Develop It Baltimore.
Tickets are usually $5, but students with a valid ID get in for free. Check out the event site to learn more and reserve your ticket before the event sells out.
Some of the firms planning on recruiting at NET/WORK Baltimore include:
- Allovue – K-12 education resource planning platform startup
- An Estuary – education training startup
- Berndt Group — a web design and development firm.
- Cynergy – downtown-based web, mobile and desktop development firm
- Firaxis – legendary Baltimore County-based video game development firm
- Groove Commerce – ecommerce-focused creative agency witha beautiful new HQ near Harbor East.
- Rehabtics LLC – long-term behavioral health management and preventative care startup
- SalesWarp – ecommerce software company
- SameGrain – privacy-focused social network platform startup
- Sofiac — Columbia-based IT consulting firm that hosts software groups for college students.
- Staq — Hampden-based adtech startup that trialed a Ruby developer apprenticeship program
- Tenable Network Security – cybersecurity firm
- Velaro – Elkridge-based eCommerce live chat software firm
- VIM Interactive – web design company
- Wham City Lights — the entertainment company from musician Dan Deacon that crowdsources light shows at concerts with its mobile app.
- Woofound — a tool that uses psychology and technology to offer quick and accurate personalized career, education, and life recommendations.