In November 2015, University of Baltimore’s Real Estate and Economic Development (REED) program students along with Real Estate Law Association (RELA) students were invited to attend the 7th Annual Saul Ewing Real Estate Conference, held at the Baltimore Convention Center.
Pictured left to right are: Bob Aydukovic, UB Executive in Residence (REED) President of MCCEI; Seema Iyer, Director of UB’s Real Estate and Economic Development (REED); Duncan May, UB Law Real Estate Student; Paul Rodriguez, UB Law Real Estate Student; Zachary Hansen, UB Law Real Estate Student; Howard Majev, Saul Ewing; Michael Culp, UB REED Student; Judith Neighoff, UB REED Student. Not pictured:William Carter, Christopher Shaner and George Rice.
More than 250 professionals engaged in the commercial real estate industry from around the country, including developers, brokers, bankers and affiliated companies that service this sector attended the program. This year’s event was titled “Real Estate in 2016 – Adapting and Succeeding in a Changing Industry,” and featured a Dealmakers panel that examined new opportunities that exist in the real estate marketplace. The keynote speaker was Linda Madway, Vice President and General Counsel of RioCan who provided “fresh perspectives on the U.S. real estate market.”
The students were tasked with writing summaries of the break-out sessions focused on millennials, e-commerce, technology and other trends transforming the real estate industry; an examination of the multi-family sector and finding equity and debt in today’s evolving marketplace, as well as the luncheon presentation and dealmakers panel. See the full agenda for the event.
- Keynote: Fresh Perspectives on the U.S. Real Estate Market–By Judith Neighoff Fresh Perspectives on the US Real Estate Market
- Panel: Millennials, E-Commerce, Technology and Other Trends Transforming the Real Estate Industry–By Zachary Hanson Millenials E-Commerce and Technology
- Dealmakers Panel- Recognizing New Opportunities in the Marketplace–By Duke May Saul Ewing Summary
- Panel: Finding Equity and Debt in Today’s Evolving Marketplace–By Paul Rodriguez Saul Ewing 7th Annual Real Estate Conference Write
- Panel: Time to Take Another Look at the Multifamily Sector—by George Rice Saul Ewing Rice
- Dealmakers Panel – Understanding and Taking Advantage of the New Opportunities in the Marketplace –By Christopher Shaner SaulEwingConference
See more at: http://baltimore.citybizlist.com/article/315225/university-of-baltimores-real-estate-and-economic-development-reed-students-participate-in-7th-annual-saul-ewing-real-estate-conference#sthash.P6evCZfN.8m9zM2Su.dpuf