Writing Papers is Messy Work

I have been writing the paper from hell for the last two months…almost non-stop.  If we ignore the ginormous pile of laundry on my bedroom floor, the gross dog-haired, dusty floorboards in every room, and  the back porch furniture overturned in the latest wind storm that has not been up-righted, writing papers is STILL messy work.  To wit:

20160410_145239

What might not be quickly identifiable in that stack is my February bank statement (unresolved), my local tax bill (unpaid), and a knitting pattern or two (unfiled).  You CAN see my beloved iced coffee, a beverage I’ve been consuming like my life depends on it.

In the last two months I have had occasional breaks.  I have only had to miss Gamelan rehearsal once.  i went out for a glass of wine with friends two weeks ago.  I manage make it to the gym only slightly less frequently than I do when I am not under a major work-crush.  But if anybody decides to “pop by” my house they will be left standing on the porch because my house is so gross even I have to avert my gaze.  And will continue to do so until this monster-from-hell gets sent to the journal editor!

3 thoughts on “Writing Papers is Messy Work

1. Bonny

I don’t see any blood, sweat, or tears on those pages, but it surely sounds as if they may be there figuratively. Sending you lots of good paper-completion wishes!

Reply