UB History Grad Clerking at SBW, Attending UB Law

Jessica Swadow (grad. 2011) tells Dr. Hudgins that she will be completing her third year at UB Law School and is clerking full time at SBW (short for Schlachman, Belsky & Weiner, headquartered on Lombard Street).  When asked how her history degree helped prepare her, Swadow says, “I have found that my research and writing skills learned at UB have helped to prepare me for law school and work.”  If law school and full-time work weren’t enough, she has also been working as a research assistant for one of her law professors.

Jessica

“My background in historical research has been immensely helpful in this area,” she says.  Swadow is helping her professor research a book about the intersection of secular and religious laws as they pertain to kosher frauds and scandals.  “I am able to efficiently and quickly find primary and secondary sources due in large part to the extensive research and writing I did at UB as a history major.”  The history faculty feel pretty confident that Jessica will be as successful with her budding legal career as she was in our history program.

Are you a History program alum with news about your studies or your career?  Please contact Dr. Hudgins at nhudgins@ubalt.edu