The Question of the Day

question of the day

Just about every student I’ve taught knows about the Question of the Day.  I start most classes with a question posed to all students.  People are permitted to pass if they choose but most don’t.  Not only is it a fun way to get started (some of the questions yield HILARIOUS answers) but it gets people used to talking in class, neutralizes (a little) the impact of naturally occurring differences in student talk time (shy versus verbose), and helps build a little community.  I will on occasion pose a Question of the Day on this site and welcome your responses.  I am also ALWAYS on the lookout for QotD possibilities.

Today’s question: Not allowed to use “to be happy” as an answer, what is the meaning of life?

2 thoughts on “The Question of the Day

1. Jo

Love the question of the day!! So awesome to keep it going as a blog. The meaning of life is relationships, the ones we carry with us for our whole life and the ones we need for a short time.

Is it obvious I am a psych major?!? Haha

Reply
  2. dani

To figure it out for yourself. That’s all there is. Except for Pigs in Space. There are always Pigs in Space.

Reply