Support from The University of Baltimore Foundation works to
POSITION UBALT AS THE REGION’S PREMIER PROFESSIONAL,
CAREER-FOCUSED UNIVERSITY.  

Image of John and Frances Angelos Law Center at DuskMORE THAN JUST A JOB

For more than two decades, The University of Baltimore Students for Public Interest (UBSPI) program has inspired students to pursue careers dedicated to serving communities that are underserved and underrepresented in the legal system.

Supported in part by generous donations from alumni and friends, UBSPI provides fellowships to students working at public-interest organizations that otherwise could not afford to compensate them for their important work. In 2021, 13 students were awarded with a summer public interest fellowship.

“Without these fellowships, many students would be unable to afford an unpaid summer position with these public-interest organizations. I’m proud that UBalt students will help these organizations make an even greater impact in our community,” said Ronald Weich, dean of the UBalt School of Law.

Together, the UBSPI fellows completed over 5,000 hours of public interest legal work with their respective organizations.

Read about the 2021 Cohort in the latest online issue of Baltimore Law Magazine>>
Learn more about UBSPI>>

I originally chose to attend The University of Baltimore for its reputation of having the largest number of graduates who move onto top positions in accounting firms around the area. This information was shared with me by my close friends and through my own research. As I am getting ready to graduate, I can say that my friends and my findings were remarkably correct. After attending numerous career events and workshops, I received many opportunities for internships and job positions at some of the top accounting firms that are not just well known in the surrounding area, but some that are well known both nationally and internationally.”

– ZIA MASQOOD, CURRENT STUDENT
Recipient of the Lawrence F. Milan Jr.
Graduate Scholarship in Accounting

Image of Sabrina Marquez

Congratulations to Sabrina N. Marquez, a member of the class of 2022 and recipient of the John & Frances Angelos Law Scholarship. She was one of only three rising 2L students nationwide to receive a highly-competitive Baker Donelson Diversity Scholarship, which includes a position as a summer associate with the firm.

“Receiving the John & Frances Angelos Law Scholarship has allowed me to continue my legal education at The University of Baltimore, where I have made numerous influential connections in the community. This scholarship has taken a substantial financial burden off of my shoulders and allowed me to flourish at the University. For that, I am eternally grateful.”

Read more about her achievements in the latest online issue of Baltimore Law Magazine>>