Your donor dollars
STRENGTHEN STUDENT SUCCESS.

UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS    UBalt Students on Campus

Cost is considered to be the biggest roadblock for those who want to pursue post-secondary education; it is also what most often prevents enrolled students from completing their degrees. Many University of Baltimore alumni are breaking that barrier with their generosity—some who received support to overcome their own financial struggles when they were students, and some who simply recognize the personal, social and economic impact of a college education.

“A college degree is a game changer. It opens the door to more career opportunities, higher paying jobs
and a happier life. [I established] this scholarship fund to help low-income students acquire a first-class college
education and build a brighter future for themselves, their families and the city of Baltimore.”

–Bob Parsons, B.S. ’75, D.H.L. ’08

“A scholarship program allowed me to finish my own college education at Dickinson College.
So, my current scholarship program is just an attempt to pay it forward to someone else.”

–Samuel G. Rose, LL.B. ’62

“I benefitted from the generosity of others. Now that I have the capacity to give.
I want to provide others with the opportunities that were given to me.”

–Michael L. Curry, B.S. ’77

And even though these endowed funds are restricted, they’re not restrictive. Recipients may be required to meet specific criteria—such as maintaining a minimum GPA or coming from a certain school—but many alumni donors make their gifts reach further by removing program parameters. This allows UBalt undergraduates pursuing any major to qualify for the financial support that will make their goals for the future obtainable.

“Our parents always emphasized the importance of a college education to me and my sisters.
They believed as I do that education is often a difference maker in the lives of our citizens,
particularly those from underrepresented groups. The establishment of a scholarship to benefit
a worthy UBalt student in our parents’ name continues a legacy that they began in our household
and in our community some 50
years ago.”
                                                                                                             –Julius C. Greene, B.S. ’83, MBA ’89

“Over the course of our careers, we have learned and grown to appreciate the impact college
experiences played in our success. We know the value a scholarship can play in encouraging and
assisting students to make the next step to continue their educational pursuit, and how completion
can elevate their life experiences. The scholarship was to say, ‘you have accomplished the first two
years of higher education, and this scholarship will help you make the next two.’”

–Arnold Williams, B.S. ’72, and Virgie C. Williams, B.S. ’75

As a rising 3L in The University of Baltimore School of Law, I am truly grateful for the mentorship and guidance I have received from the Fannie Angelos Program for Academic Excellence (FAPAE). My time at UBalt would not be as fulfilling if I had not been a scholar in the program. The FAPAE provides the unlimited support and mentorship that are necessary for students to succeed. I will forever be indebted to this wonderful program because it has not only enhanced my confidence and leadership skills, but it has also given me a lifetime of networks with several UBalt professors and graduates. It takes a village to succeed, and I am proud to be a part of the FAPAE family.”

–MARKISHA DOBSON, J.D. ‘22

Logo for the University of Baltimore's Bob Parsons Veterans CenterTHE BOB PARSONS VETERANS CENTER
AND VETERANS ADVOCACY CLINIC

FY2022 was a year of growth and renewal for The Bob Parsons Veteran Center. With the campus opening up as COVID-19 restrictions began to ease, the Center was able to focus on student programming. Throughout the year, they hosted academic, career, service and social programs to improve the educational experience of our veteran and military-affiliated students.

• 351 Veteran and Military-Affiliated Students Enrolled
    (+15% from FY2021)
  • 238 Veteran and Military-Affiliated Students Certified for VA Education Benefits
  • 34 Veteran and Military-Affiliated Students Graduated

Last fiscal year, The Bob Parsons Veterans Advocacy Clinic provided pro bono legal services to 24 veterans and trained 17 law students to represent veterans in VA benefits and discharge upgrade cases. The Clinic continues to coordinate with the Office of the Public Defender and the Maryland Judiciary in support of the Baltimore City Veterans Treatment Court, where they now provide criminal and civil legal services and advise the court on veterans’ benefits matters. Based on the U.S. Attorney’s Office Fee Matrix, the Clinic provided over $1 million in pro bono law services for their clients.

LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BOB AND RENEE PARSONS FOUNDATION.