Moving Forward With My LeaderShape Vision – Sonce

By: Sonce Reese, Class 6

This semester marks the beginning of a new year with new challenges. One challenge that I may face is continuing to move forward with my vision.

After spending almost a month in Antigua, Guatemala and looking around at the most magnificent architecture I’ve ever seen, I realized that it was time to start focusing on solutions. We know what the problems are, we see vacant houses everyday, but what are the solutions to the problem.

building from outside
building from outside
building from inside
building from inside

So this semester I am focusing on solutions. My solutions will include and my focus will be building healthy, vibrant communities and neighborhoods where:

marketplace
marketplace
      • the residents feel safe.
      • children can go outside and play.
      • affordable housing is well kept.
      • schools and school programs are properly funded.
      • fresh fruit markets are within walking distance.
      • the streets are paved.
      • the transportation system is efficient and transports people to jobs that pay a livable wage.

I’ll keep you posted and in the meantime, come and check out my presentation at the University of Baltimore’s 2nd Annual Experiential Learning Showcase this Thursday, February 11, 2016 in the Bogomolny Room of the Student Center at 11:15 am. Hope to see you there.

building from outside 2
building from outside 2
building from inside 2
building from inside 2
rowhomes updated
rowhomes updated
Facebooktwitter

2 thoughts on “Moving Forward With My LeaderShape Vision – Sonce”

1. Having exciting architecture with a connection to the local culture or an emersion of culture really brightens the neighbourhoods and provide the community to be more appreciative of their surroundings.

Part of your solutions- May I suggest that the neighbourhoods and streets also have more greenery through the urban tree canopy and native gardens than can continue to enhance the vision of having vibrant and healthy sustainable communities.

1. Thank you. I tried to include green spaces and greenery in the photos that I selected. Healthy, vibrant communities are, in fact, healthier and better with greenery.