Consider an internship to enhance your resume. Watch our “Fast Pitch” video about internships.
Internships allow you to apply your education to real-world practice in your chosen field. They are typically part-time positions in which you work approximately 120-175 hours over the course of a semester. As an intern you will gain valuable experience, have the opportunity to obtain academic credit, and may even get paid. Many organizations use their internship programs as a tool for recruiting entry-level talent.
An internship can provide:
- practical and meaningful work experience;
- specific preparation for employment in a field of your choice;
- increased marketability to future employers;
- enhanced professional network;
- possible full-time employment in that organization;
- credit towards degree requirements.
For more information, including contact information for your internship faculty adviser, forms required to receive academic credit, and details on how to get started, please visit the following website: www.ubalt.edu/merrickinternships.by