MSB Weekly Bulletin 09.16.19- 09.21.19
Mark your calendars.
- UB’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation has opened the application window for the 2019 Leonard and Phyllis Attman Competitive Business Prize You have until Wednesday, October 9 at 11:59 p.m. to submit your business idea for UB’s version of “Shark Tank.” All current students in good standing are eligible as well as UB alumni participants who received their degrees between 2014 and 2019.
Monday, September 16 from 4-5:30 p.m. BC 117
- Financial Planning for Millennials | Are you a millennial? Need financial help? Come to our workshop! This is a Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation “ThinkUBator event. This event is free and open to the public. R.S.V.P.
Monday, September 16 from 4:30-5:30 p.m. BC 225
- Information Session for the 2020 Global Field Studies in Business | Where will you study in 2020? Hear from the faculty members schedule to lead field studies to Ghana, Thailand and Switzerland. All eligible students will receive a scholarship from the Wright Global Scholars Fund. Visit the Global Field Studies web page at ubalt.edu/merrickglobal.
Tuesday, September 17 from 6-8 p.m. in the Law Center
- How to Read the Constitution — and Why | UB School of Law Prof. Kim Wehle recently published a book, How to Read the Constitution — and Why. What better time to explore the issues discussed in the book than Constitution Day? Enjoy a panel discussion with Prof. Wehle, UB School of Law Prof. Michael Higginbotham, Prof. Jennifer Daskal of American University Washington College of Law, and former U.S. Rep. Donna Edwards. Dean Ronald Weich will moderate the discussion. This event is free and open to the public.
Wednesday, September 18, 3-6 p.m. in the Business Center
- UB’s Accounting Fair 2019 | Come prepared to meet with accounting firms in the area to discuss internship and career opening. Business attire and copies of your resume are strongly encouraged. For more information or to get prepared for the fair, contact the UB Career and Internship Center at 410.837.5440 or email@example.com. R.S.V.P.
- 09.25.19: Latinx Awareness Month Celebration sponsored by UB’s Diversity and Culture Center.
- 09.25.19: Merrick Engages: A Conversation Series – featured guest is UB alumnus Paul Fipps, Chief Digital Officer for Under Armour. [SOLD OUT]
- 09.26.19: The Graduate Public Student Association (GPASA) and The College of Public Affairs at the University of Baltimore, will host the first Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change Panel. Free and open to the public.
- 09.30.19: Jericho Brown and D. Watkins – A Meeting of the Minds Free and open to the public. Sponsored by the Hearst Visiting Scholars Fund.
- 10.03.19: Career Closet Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- 10.03.19: 6th Annual Back to UB Night sponsored by Beta Alpha Psi and the Merrick School of Business Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics. This year’s panel will discuss careers in government accounting and auditing.
- 10.07.19: Startup Maryland Day at UB. The bus yellow business is back. This event is part of Baltimore Innovation Week.
- 10.09.19: Deadline to submit a business pitch idea for the Attman Business Prize.