MSB Weekly Bulletin 09.23.19- 09.28.19
Mark your calendars.
GET YOUR SEAT “ENGAGING THE DIGITAL CONSUMER”
- R.S.V.P. for the Wednesday, September 25 Merrick Engages event: A Conversation Series – featured guest is UB alumnus Paul Fipps, Chief Digital Officer for Under Armour. Topic will be focused on engaging the digital consumer. There are more seats available. The demand for this event required us to change to a larger venue.
- UB’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation has opened the application window for the 2019 Leonard and Phyllis Attman Competitive Business Prize You have until Wednesday, October 9 at 11:59 p.m. to submit your business idea for UB’s version of “Shark Tank.” All current students in good standing are eligible as well as UB alumni participants who received their degrees between 2014 and 2019.
Wednesday, September 25 from 2-3:30 p.m. SC, 2nd floor
- Latinx Awareness Month Celebration sponsored by UB’s Diversity and Culture Center. In recognition of Latinx American Heritage Month, join the Diversity and Culture Center for an afternoon of food, fun activities, and an opportunity to learn more about Latinx culture.
- The Graduate Public Student Association (GPASA) and The College of Public Affairs at the University of Baltimore, will host the first Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change Panel. Free and open to the public.
- 09.30.19: Jericho Brown and D. Watkins – A Meeting of the Minds Free and open to the public. Sponsored by the Hearst Visiting Scholars Fund.
- 10.03.19: Career Closet Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- 10.03.19: 6th Annual Back to UB Night sponsored by Beta Alpha Psi and the Merrick School of Business Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics. This year’s panel will discuss careers in government accounting and auditing.
- 10.07.19: Startup Maryland Day at UB. The bus yellow business is back. This event is part of Baltimore Innovation Week.
- 10.09.19: Deadline to submit a business pitch idea for the Attman Business Prize.
- 10.12.19: The next Graduate Programs Information Session. R.S.V.P. to the event.
- 10.17.19: Hear Jay Brown, board member of the PCAOB, talk about “The Role of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board,” on Thursday, October 17, from 4-5:30 p.m. R.S.V.P. The PCAOB oversees the audits of public companies and SEC-registered brokers and dealers in order to protect investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate, and independent audit reports. This is sponsored by the Merrick School of Business Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.