Welcome to the RLB (Bogomolny) Library! We have three events during Welcome Week to help you get a good start on your semester.
Event 1. Jumpstart Your Semester Workshops (Online and In-Person)
Start your semester the right way by attending a FREE “Jumpstart Your Semester” workshop! Drop in (either online or in-person) and meet with an academic coach or tutor to:
- go over your syllabus and plan out your semester
- learn what Sakai is and how to use this important tool for your courses (such as submit homework, take tests, etc.)
- learn about the MyLab platform and how its online features will help you in your math or business class (MATH, ACCT, ECON, and OPRE all use MyLab).
There are two sessions during Welcome Week!
Session 1. Online
- When: Monday, Aug. 29, 2022, 5-7 pm
- Location: Online
- Register and you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. An RLB Library staff member will assign you to a breakout room for your one-on-one session.
Session 2. In-Person
- When: Tuesday, Aug. 30, 12-2 pm
- Location: RLB Library, 2nd floor
Questions? Contact Amr Kadry, firstname.lastname@example.org, (410) 837-1928
NOTE: If you can’t make a drop-in session, you can request these services by appointment with a coach at ANY time during the semester.
Event 2. Cupcake Party (In-Person)
Continuing a Welcome Week tradition, you are invited to the RLB Library on Tuesday, August 30 for Welcome Back cupcakes from KayTell’s Sweets! (KayTell’s Sweets is owned by UBalt alumna and graduate student Kayla Tellington.)
When you pick up your free cupcake, play a game of trivia to win swag, explore the library (there are lots of great study areas!), and drop in on the Jumpstart Your Semester workshop (Event 1).
- When: Tuesday, August 30, 12:00 to 2:00 pm
- Where: RLB (Bogomolny) Library, 2nd floor
Any extra cupcakes will be placed at the Info Desk after 2 pm.
Event 3. Play a Virtual Scavenger Hunt (Online)
How do I find databases at the RLB Library? How do I contact a librarian to help me find scholarly sources? You can discover the answers to these questions, and learn about the online resources and services available through the RLB Library website by playing a virtual Scavenger Hunt during Welcome Week. Explore the RLB Library’s website (library.ubalt.edu), and be entered into a drawing to win a $25 Amazon gift card!
Be sure to play before the Scavenger Hunt closes on Friday, September 2 at midnight.
Questions? Email Debbie Li at email@example.com.