The RLB Library and the Law Library are pleased to provide online access to the New York Times through NYTimes.com for all current UBalt students, faculty and staff.
- To activate your access, go to accessnyt.com, type in “University of Baltimore” and create an account (register) using your UBalt email address. After registering you can access the New York Times from nytimes.com or download the app.
- You can watch this Access Walkthrough Video to learn how to activate your access as well as how to activate the mobile app and sign up for newsletters.
Our subscription includes:
- Access to the Times Machine, archived articles between 1851-2002 (allowing 5 pdf downloads per day per user)
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality – found in the Mobile App; NYT stories told through enhanced technology.
- Podcasts (including The “Daily” podcast)
- All Multimedia, including video, photography, VR features, and new multimedia to come
- Newsletters : Over 80 newsletters such as Well, Climate Forward, In Her Words, and more
- Live Events – conversations with inspiring personalities like Tony Blair on How Russia’s War Will Change the World: A Virtual Event. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Shakespeare in the Park: A Times Summer Event, Teaching 1619 Project: a virtual event for Educators and Librarians and Championing The Truth: a conversation between journalist and librarians on fighting misinformation, remaining balanced, and supporting communities.
- Spanish and Mandarin Chinese translated versions of NYTimes.com.
Notes: If you already have a personal NYTimes.com account, you will need to cancel that account first. The campus subscription does NOT include the NYT Cooking nor the crossword premium apps.
Questions? Contact Debbie Li, email@example.com (RLB Library) or Bijal Shah, firstname.lastname@example.org (Law Library)